[Buildroot] Analysis of build failures

Anton Kolesov Anton.Kolesov at synopsys.com
Fri Feb 14 17:05:24 UTC 2014

Hi Thomas and Peter,

> > As I said on IRC, if we think arc will be in a better state with those
> > bumps cherry picked to master instead, then that's fine for me as well.
>
> Anton, what is your confidence with this bump of the toolchain
> components? Should we merge it for 2014.02 ?

I would say that I would prefer to keep current state, because currently master points to our released versions, which are pretty much of a known entity for us, even if with some known failures. Latest commits haven’t been completely tested, so while they fix some bugs, they might introduce some new undiscovered troubles as well, so I don't feel safe about pointing to them in the buildroot release.

Since it is a problem of our tools, I can volunteer to prepare patches that disable reverse dependencies of libxml for ARC in master, though you still will have to apply them :)

I will ask our team opinion on this as well. And let me know if you are ok if I we just disable failing packages in master.

Anton