[Buildroot] Analysis of build failures

Romain Naour romain.naour at openwide.fr
Wed Feb 12 20:58:28 UTC 2014

Hi Tomas, Yann,

>>> libusb compatibility issue?
>>>
>>> scan_usb.c:34:29: error: unknown type name 'usb_dev_handle'
>>> scan_usb.c:38:41: error: unknown type name 'usb_dev_handle'
>>> scan_usb.c:41:1: error: unknown type name 'usb_dev_handle'
>>> scan_usb.c:41:48: warning: 'struct usb_device' declared inside parameter list [enabled by default]
>>> scan_usb.c:41:48: warning: its scope is only this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want [enabled by default]
>>> scan_usb.c: In function 'nutscan_load_usb_library':
>>> scan_usb.c:67:22: error: 'nut_usb_close' undeclared (first use in this function)
>> I tried to reproduce it here, but it builds fine (in a squeeze-32
>> chroot, with almost nothing installed except the Buildroot
>> dependencies).
> Error occurred on gcc10, where tests are not running in a clean chroot,
> but in an environment with lots of headers/libraries installed. I'll do
> a test build on gcc10, to see what host stuff causes this mis-detection.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Thomas
I also tried to reproduce this build failure recently, but nut builds
fine for me too.
Have you found somethingon gcc10 ?

I don't think it's related but libhal.h is present on the autobuilder's log
"checking for libhal.h... yes"

Maybe add --without-hal in nut.mk ?

Can you provide a complete build log with configure step ?

I hope it can help...
Best regards,
Romain Naour