[Buildroot] Antw: Re: Antw: Re: Antw: Re: How to get the kernel to mount a rootfs without an initramfs ??

Frank Ihle frank.ihle at hs-offenburg.de
Wed Feb 12 08:05:44 UTC 2014

>Actually this sounds like you have no mmc driver in your kernel.

I'm using the defconfig where

in make linux-menuconfig is selected the following:

+Device Drivers
 <*> MMC/SD/SDIO card support
+ + <*> MMC block device driver
+ + <*> MMC host test driver
+ + <*> Atmel SD/MMC Driver (Atmel Multimedia Card Interface support)
+ + [ * ] Atmel MCI DMA support (Exp.)

well but now, that you mention it, it's weired. When I do a bootable image with this settings but with initramfs and busybox as init system then I should be able to see which devices are detected, right? So If I do ls /dev/ mmcblk or sdb isn't even in the list, is that a normal behaviour?