[Buildroot] build speedup possible?

Andreas Naumann dev at andin.de
Fri Feb 7 08:51:41 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

First of all kudos again for this very good tool! I'm using it almsot
daily and am stoked about the functionality but simple usage at the same
time.
Now one issue with build systems is always build time. It seems the
speed is not impacted much by just spending more horsepower (cpu cores).
When looking at the load I see very frequently that just one core is
busy with one package, especially during the configure step. Some
packages themselves are build with just one core, I guess we cant do
very much about that.
However, why are independent packages not build in parallel? Are the
dependencies too complex to make this work? Thanks for any insight!

cheers,
Andreas