[Buildroot] SIGSEGV in __pthread_initialize_minimal_internal ()

Johannes Morgenroth morgenroth at ibr.cs.tu-bs.de
Thu Feb 6 16:05:16 UTC 2014

Hello.

I try to compile a DTN stack (IBR-DTN) as static binary using buildroot.
Formerly with the release 2012.02 this wasn't an issue, but since my
recent system no longer compile the old release, I tried the new one but
without any luck. Any static binary I compile exists with a SIGSEGV. To
reproduce my set-up, I pushed my repository (based on the recent master)
to github.
https://github.com/ibrdtn/buildroot.git

I used the configuration stored in the added default configuration
'ibrdtn_x86_defconfig'. So my steps are...

$ make ibrdtn_x86_defconfig
$ make
(get a coffee)
$ ./output/target/usr/sbin/dtnd --version
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

To investigate that fault, I compiled the toolchain with debug symbols
and the GDB points me to __pthread_initialize_minimal_internal ().

$ gdb --args ./output/build/ibrdtnd-0.10.2/src/dtnd
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.6.1-ubuntu
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
Reading symbols from ./output/build/ibrdtnd-0.10.2/src/dtnd...done.
(gdb) r
Starting program: ./output/build/ibrdtnd-0.10.2/src/dtnd

0x082b81f1 in __pthread_initialize_minimal_internal ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x082b81f1 in __pthread_initialize_minimal_internal ()
#1  0x08408797 in __uClibc_init ()
#2  0x08408939 in __uClibc_main ()
#3  0x08049111 in _start ()
(gdb)

I assume this may has to do with some sort of order issues while linking
the libraries, but I am not sure and have no idea where to start with
the debugging. Any help or advice is appreciated.

Thanks!
Johannes

--
Johannes Morgenroth     Institut fuer Betriebssysteme und Rechnerverbund
Tel.: +49-531-391-3249                           Muehlenpfordtstrasse 23