[Buildroot] Patchwork oldest patches cleanup #6 (deadline February 2)

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 09:52:02 UTC 2014

All,

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 9:07 PM, Thomas De Schampheleire
<patrickdepinguin at gmail.com> wrote:
[..]

>> Here is session 6 of the patchwork cleanup. For those who haven't
>> followed previous sessions, here is a quick recap: every session we'll
>> be posting the list of the 10 oldest patches, with the original patch
>> contributors in copy. During two weeks, we have the opportunity to
>> discuss the patch, whether it is still necessary or not, how it should
>> be changed to be merged.
>>
>> In particular, I'm interested in knowing if the original contributor is
>> still interested by the patch, or if someone else is interested in
>> adopting the patch and sending an updated version, or if the patch no
>> longer makes sense due to other changes made in Buildroot.
>>
>> All patches that have not received any comment or attention before the
>> deadline will be removed from patchwork. This is aggressive, but we have
>> many 'dead' patches sitting in patchwork, and this cannot work.
>>
>> Deadline for this session is February 2 (FOSDEM + Buildroot developer days!).
>>
>> Below are the 11 oldest patches (obtained with a slightly modified
>> version of pwclient):
>> [ pwclient list -s New -n 21 ] (and skip Delegated patches)
>>
>> (Note: temporarily increased amount to 11 to include the entire python
>> patch series)
>
> Here is an intermediate overview:

Here is the final conclusion of this cleanup session:

>> Update dmraid from 1.0.0-rc15 to 1.0.0-rc16-3.
>> Antony Vennard <arv at vx9.co.uk>
>> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/213230
>
> No feedback yet.

No feedback, but I'm keeping this patch as the version bump is
supposedly fixing a problem.
Adopters of this patch are welcome!

>> Linux: enable local Linux tarball in config
>> Stephan Hoffmann <sho at relinux.de>
>> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/217204
>
> Patch not needed, problem can be solved by prefixing URL with file://.
>

>> minimal dockstar setup
>> Steve Calfee <stevecalfee at gmail.com>
>> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/217639
>
> Rejected as per feedback of Steve.
>

>> scripts: xorg-release: handle case when version needs downgrade
>> Nicolas Dechesne <ndec13 at gmail.com>
>> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/218109
>
> No feedback yet.

No feedback, we'll discuss this on the developer days today or tomorrow...

>> [v2] configs: at91sam9260eknf: new configuration for Atmel AT91SAM9260-EK
>> Fabio Porcedda <fabio.porcedda at gmail.com>
>> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/218928
>
> Superseded patch.
>

>> [1/1] python: fix to ensure libpython is stripped
>> Przemyslaw Wrzos <przemyslaw.wrzos at calyptech.com>
>> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/220024
>
> Resubmitted and thus superseded.
>

>> [v4,1/5] Python menu reorganization
>> kpa_info at yahoo.fr
>> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/220706
>>
>> [v4,2/5] Add python3 config directory simlink
>> kpa_info at yahoo.fr
>> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/220707
>>
>> [v4,3/5] Add PYTHON variable to ease the support of both version
>> kpa_info at yahoo.fr
>> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/220705
>>
>> [v4,4/5] python-bottle: Convert package to be used with python2 or python3
>> kpa_info at yahoo.fr
>> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/220708
>>
>> [v4,5/5] python-serial: Convert package to be used with python2 or python3
>> kpa_info at yahoo.fr
>> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/220709
>
> No feedback on the above yet.

No feedback, but I don't think we want to throw these patches away. In
the meantime I'll mark them as delegated to me. Hopefully we can
discuss this on the buildroot developer days too.

Thanks all!