[Buildroot] Need HDF5 Package for buildroot

Williams Jr., Ernest L. ernesto at slac.stanford.edu
Tue Dec 30 04:06:12 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

I am using "buildroot-2014.11" with the uclibc toolchain for  "x86" and "x86_64" targets.

I do notice the packages along with the configuration files :)

I have also looked at the documentation on how to add a new package.

So, I am not re-inventing the wheel; does anyone already have package configs for the following:
I need to have hdf5 support on my target.  hdf5 depends on both szip and zlib.

(1) HDF5
Version:     HDF5-1.8.14
Download:  http://www.hdfgroup.org/ftp/HDF5/current/src/hdf5-1.8.14.tar.gz

(2) SZIP
Version:       szip-2.1
Download:    http://www.hdfgroup.org/ftp/lib-external/szip/2.1/src/szip-2.1.tar.gz

(3) ZLIB   {Already provided by buildroot; yahoo :) }
Version:       zlib-1.2.8
Download:    http://zlib.net/zlib-1.2.8.tar.gz