[Buildroot] AC_CHECK_LIB doesn't work for cross-compiling

Baruch Siach baruch at tkos.co.il
Thu Dec 25 06:49:50 UTC 2014

Hi adam,

On Thu, Dec 25, 2014 at 03:27:40PM +0900, Adam Jiang wrote:
> Here is what I got from grep in config.log.
>
> $ grep -i FCGX_InitRequest output/build/visage-master/config.log
> configure:5626: checking for FCGX_InitRequest in -lfcgi
> | char FCGX_InitRequest ();
> | return FCGX_InitRequest ();
> configure:5689: WARNING: unable to find the FCGX_InitRequest() function
> ac_cv_lib_fcgi_FCGX_InitRequest=no
>
> I have also attached 'config.log' as well.

The interesting part in your config.log is

	libfcgi.so: undefined reference to `frexp'

This means that libfcgi.so depends on the math library (libm), but you didn't
add it to the compile command line (-lm). Please try adding -lm to the
AC_CHECK_LIB macro OTHER-LIBRARIES parameter as follows:

	AC_CHECK_LIB([fcgi], [FCGX_InitRequest], [LIBS="$LIBS -lfcgi],
		[AC_MSG_WARN("unable to find the FCGX_InitRequest() function")],
		[-lm])

baruch