[Buildroot] Autobuilder news

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Aug 29 21:26:12 UTC 2014

Hello,

Here are a few news about the autobuilders:

 * Two new build machines are being added to the infrastructure, thanks
   to the contributions of Buildroot developers. One is managed by
   Richard Braun and has already been reporting a number of build
   results since a day or two. The other machine is managed by
   Nathaniel Roach and is currently being verified by running local
   builds not yet reported to autobuild.buildroot.org. The builds
   should start to be reported tomorrow. Thanks to Richard's machine,
   the average number of builds per day is now in the order of 130-150
   per day, compared to 100-120 before.

 * Thanks to a patch from Fabio Porcedda, the configuration files
   presented by autobuild.buildroot.org for each build no longer
   contain the BR2_DL_DIR and BR2_JLEVEL options that were specific to
   the build machine. It makes easier the reproduction of a build
   result (as a reminder, there is a script available at
   http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot-test/plain/utils/br-reproduce-build
   to reproduce builds).

 * I've added a quick and dirty script to more easily remove bogus
   builds from the build database
   (http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot-test/tree/utils/remove.php). In
   the past, it was quite annoying for me to remove build results, as I
   had to do manual SQL queries and removal of build result artifacts
   in the filesystem. Now, it's much easier with this script, which
   I've already used to remove the bogus build results generated by
   Nathaniel attempts to use the autobuild-run script.

 * I've added a check on autobuild.buildroot.org to detect and reject
   build failures caused by memory allocation problems. Whenever the
   end of the build log contains "fork: cannot allocate memory", the
   build result is rejected. This should avoid some bogus build
   failures reported by gcc10, which is under heavy load and therefore
   make build fails for a reason not related to Buildroot.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons