[Buildroot] Analysis of build results

Ezequiel Garcia ezequiel.garcia at free-electrons.com
Thu Aug 28 12:52:17 UTC 2014

(Ccing Frank)

On 25 Aug 06:16 PM, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> >      nios2 |              util-linux-2.24.2 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/fd30974bf2f976c600717268ce340f73d48dda34/
>
> sys-utils/prlimit.o: In function `main':
> prlimit.c:(.text.startup+0x440): undefined reference to `prlimit64'
> prlimit.c:(.text.startup+0x5d0): undefined reference to `prlimit64'
>
> Ezequiel, an idea?

This is probably the same missing fallocate64 deal. The function is simply not
available, yet detected (Frank: please correct me if I'm wrong).

By doing something similar to what we do for e2fsprogs:

+ifeq ($(BR2_nios2),y)
+UTIL_LINUX_CONF_ENV += ac_cv_func_prlimit=no
+endif
+

I can avoid the SYS_prlimit64 usage. However, we then get conflicting types:

  CC       sys-utils/prlimit.o
  CC       sys-utils/lscpu.o
sys-utils/prlimit.c:139:12: error: conflicting types for 'prlimit'
In file included from /home/zeta/buildroot/buildroot-nios2/output/host/usr/nios2-buildroot-linux-gnu/sysroot/usr/include/sys/resource.h:25:0,
                 from sys-utils/prlimit.c:28:
/home/zeta/buildroot/buildroot-nios2/output/host/usr/nios2-buildroot-linux-gnu/sysroot/usr/include/bits/resource.h:313:12: note: previous declaration of 'prlimit' was here

I wonder if anyone has an idea to disable the prlimit build, and all the
commands that depend on it.

Notice that we have a similar issue on other packages, but the proposed
solution's have been too hacky to be accepted:

http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2014-May/096203.html
--
Ezequiel García, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux, Kernel and Android Engineering