[Buildroot] Question about buildroot

Peter Korsgaard peter at korsgaard.com
Thu Aug 14 07:26:58 UTC 2014

 > Hello.
 > I build a project with buildroot for an x86 target. now how can i install this
 > output files on a target? OR which folder should i install on target?
 > Thank's.

First of all, please direct questions about buildroot to the mailing
list (buildroot at busybox.net) and not directly at me, so other people can
help you as well.

Secondly, it depends a lot on your setup. You can get buildroot to
generate an ext2/ext3/ext4 filesystem you can directly write to the
storage system of your target, or you can use the tarball destination
and extract it (as root) on your existing target filesystem. You can
also get buildroot to generate a bootloader like syslinux or grub for
you.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard