[Buildroot] support/download/wrapper expects file output in temp directory but support/wrapper/git produces output.gz

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 16:55:17 UTC 2014

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 6:29 PM, Yann E. MORIN <yann.morin.1998 at free.fr> wrote:
> Graham, All,
>
> On 2014-08-06 16:29 +0100, Graham Newton spake thusly:
>> Running support/download/wrapper git fails because the final instruction of
>> support/download/git gzips the output file creating output.gz which wrapper
>> isn't expecting.
>
> Doh... I wonder how I could let this slip through... :-(

I also should have caught this in my testing. I now understand why
this happened: sources.buildroot.net also contains the tar file of the
package I tried in my testing, and I did not actually verify the build
output. Since the package was downloaded and the contents looked ok, I
assumed the git download wrapper was fine.
Very bad testing on my part, my apologies!