[Buildroot] Error u-boot 2014.07

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Aug 5 14:22:56 UTC 2014

Dear gmv,

On Tue, 05 Aug 2014 14:46:12 +0100, gmv wrote:

> I'm tring for first time to use buildroot.
> The target is Microblaze (little indian), my board is Spartan 3E1600
> microblaze dev kit.
>
> in
> Bootloaders i made the choice 'U-Boot' 'U-Boot board name --> generic',
> binary format u-boot.elf
>
> the process stop with message:
> make *** no rule to make target 'generic-config'. Stop.

Really "generic-config" ? Are you sure it wasn't "generic_config" ?

But well basically, it just means that there is no U-Boot configuration
named "generic" for this architecture. Probably you were looking for
the "microblaze-generic" board instead:

In U-Boot:

$ grep generic boards.cfg | grep microblaze
Active  microblaze  -              -           xilinx          microblaze-generic  microblaze-generic

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons