[Buildroot] buildroot file system: Kernel panic

Rohit Kumar rohit.kumar at hitechroboticsystemz.com
Wed Apr 16 08:12:01 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 4:57 PM, Thomas Petazzoni <
thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com> wrote:

> Dear Rohit Kumar,
>
> Would it be possible to avoid top posting, and instead use bottom
> posting, as is the usage of most mailing lists? Thanks!
>
> On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 16:31:13 +0900, Rohit Kumar wrote:
> > ** The platform you're using, so that we can figure out which processor
> >  it is using.*
> >
> > i am using an ARM11 processor form Nexell (NXP2120)
> > 32bit Embedded CPU : 700/800Mhz ARM1176 with
> > 16KByte I-Cache, 16Kbyte D-cache with VFP(vector floating-point
> processor)
>
> Ok.

 it is weird because when i use arm926t from the processor option, file
system works.
but as i shift to arm1176 it starts giving panic messages.

> > * * The Buildroot .config file you're using, to check that the
> >  configuration you've made matches the processor of your platform.*
> >
> > please see the attached configuration.
>
> Your configuration indeed looks appropriate in terms of toolchain.
>
> However, the kernel part of the configuration looks weird: it refers to
> the kernel configuration file
> board/atmel/at91sam9260ek/linux-3.9.config. Are you building a kernel
> in Buildroot, but not using it for your platform?

i am not using kernel from the buildroot rather compiling the source i have
with the toolchain generated.

> Also, please enable CONFIG_DEBUG_USER=y in your kernel, and pass
> user_debug=31 on your kernel command line. This should give more
> details about the userspace crash.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Thomas
> --
> Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
> Embedded Linux, Kernel and Android engineering
> http://free-electrons.com

With Regards,

Rohit Kumar
Sr. Research Developer