[Buildroot] Asking a favor

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 20:14:09 UTC 2014

Hi Parsa Panahi,

(Please don't top-post, put your reply below the original mail...)

Parsa Panahi <panahi.parsa at paravisioner.com> schreef:

>Dear Thomas, I've Selected the "Use a device tree present in the kernel"
>in the "Kernel -> Device tree support" and I don't know why it shows
>
>BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_INTREE_DTS_NAME="" !!!
>
>what are my options in here so I could manually type it in the .config
>file ?

Which board are you targeting? Is this a standard development or reference board, or a custom design?

A device tree is a description of the hardware. If you are using a common board, you may find the right device tree source in directory arch/<arch>/boot/dts of the kernel sources. If you are using a custom board, you will have to create the device tree yourself.