[Buildroot] Asking a favor

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Apr 14 16:18:12 UTC 2014

Dear Parsa Panahi,

On Mon, 14 Apr 2014 20:45:16 +0430, Parsa Panahi wrote:

> Hi Thomas I knew that , but it doesn't matter if I select Device Tree
> blob or not, it always gives me the error !

You do have Device Tree support selected. From your .config file:

BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_DTS_SUPPORT=y
BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_USE_INTREE_DTS=y
# BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_USE_CUSTOM_DTS is not set
BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_INTREE_DTS_NAME=""
BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_INSTALL_TARGET=y

So here, you have selected Device Tree support
(BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_DTS_SUPPORT=y), indicated you wanted to use a Device
Tree source that is part of the kernel sources
(BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_USE_INTREE_DTS=y), but you haven't told Buildroot
*which* Device Tree to use (BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_INTREE_DTS_NAME is empty).

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons