[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2014-04-05

Ezequiel Garcia ezequiel.garcia at free-electrons.com
Mon Apr 7 12:10:57 UTC 2014

On Apr 07, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Dear Ezequiel Garcia,
>
> On Mon, 7 Apr 2014 08:43:37 -0300, Ezequiel Garcia wrote:
>
> > OK, let me try to explain this better. If we have a (not too dirty) way of
> > running some script over the linux headers after an external toolchain has
> > been installed, we can "sanitize" them.
> >
> > In other words, we'd be doing the "make headers_install" sed magic ourselves,
> > given the Sourcery people forgot about it.
> >
> > Maybe adding something to toolchain-external.mk would work?
> > Let me do some tests to see if this works.
>
> We can certainly do some magic in toolchain-external.mk for specific
> toolchains. I just hope the magic is not too horrible :-)

I'm on it.

On the other side, I should really stop fooling around and prepare a mail
asking about these toolchain issues to the Sourcery guys. I'm sorry for being
so lazy with this!

And while we are here... upstream binutils and GCC supports Nios-II,
unfortunately, glibc and uclibc doesn't (well, uclibc supports threadless,
non shared libraries and non-MMU).

The problem with this, is that Altera is forced to move from a custom
syscall ABI to the generic syscall ABI, before upstreaming the kernel and libc
ports. So, I wouldn't count on this being upstreamed anytime soon.
--
Ezequiel García, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux, Kernel and Android Engineering