[Buildroot] qt5, eglfs and xcb

Marco Trapanese marcotrapanese at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 10:05:32 UTC 2014

Il 30/03/2014 17:21, Thomas Petazzoni ha scritto:
> As explained above, this requires more than just XCB, contrary to what
> the company you requested support from is claiming. You need an OpenGL
> implementation that works under X.org, and this implementation is
> usually Mesa. And the support for making Mesa recognized as a proper
> OpenGL implementation has only been merged since yesterday, and is not
> yet completely ready. It would certainly be interesting to fix this in
> Buildroot and allow Qt5 to build for X.org with OpenGL support.

Ok, as far as I understand it means nobody has successfully compiled Qt5
+ webkit + xcb + mesa yet.
Perhaps, people use only the framebuffer with buildroot.

> But if you want this to happen, you should either: 1) Do it yourself.
> 2) Wait for someone else to do it, but then you can't expect any
> particular deadline or guarantees. It may be something that will get
> done this summer as part of the Google Summer of Code. 3) Hire a third
> party to do it. Actually, it's a little bit strange that you've asked
> a company who isn't able to fix the problem in Buildroot, rather than
> a company that actually is able to do it.

Unfortunately we have a dead-line for our project and my knowledge is
too small to do it myself. I'm going for the third option, but with
another company :-)

> BTW, what is your hardware platform? What type of graphics hardware
> are you using? What X.org driver are you using? Anyway, thanks for the
> report, this is definitely something that should be improved. Thomas

We're using a Freescale iMX6 MARS board, with the modular X.org server.
As drivers, I selected:

xf86-input-evdev
xf86-input-keyboard
xf86-input-mouse
xf86-input-tslib
xf86-video-fbdev

because I don't know which other video driver I should select for my
platform...

Best regards
Marco