[Buildroot] gnome package ?

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 14:36:53 UTC 2013

"Stéphane ANCELOT" <sancelot at free.fr> wrote:
>On 24/09/2013 17:25, Stéphane ANCELOT wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I would like to know if I can build gnome ?
>>
>> Can you point me to the right direction?
>
>So, I suppose it is not provided ?

Currently, buildroot does indeed not have a recipe for gnome, not kde, only more simple window managers like fluxbox, enlightenment, etc. Since buildroot is mainly aimed at embedded devices, where gnome is not a typical option, I'm not sure if we even want that complexity and the vast amount of packages that come with it.

For your information, the manual (also available online) contains a list of packages currently available.