[Buildroot] uClibc fails to build with stack smash protection

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Sep 18 20:22:31 UTC 2013

Dear Eric Le Bihan,

On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 16:25:02 +0200, Eric Le Bihan wrote:

> I can not build uclibc 0.9.33.2 when stack smashing protection is activated and
> GCC 4.7.x is selected. The build fails as follow:
>
> --8<--
> [...]
>   STRIP -x -R .note -R .comment libc/libc_so.a
>   LD libuClibc-0.9.33.2.so
> libc/libc_so.a(fnmatch.os):(.text+0xe0): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_guard'
> -->8--

Hum, interesting, I am not reproducing the exact same problem (but I
was testing on ARM, with a slightly different defconfig). I believed
I've fixed the problem I was seeing. I've now started a build with your
defconfig, to see if I reproduce the same problem.

So, it's under investigation.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons