[Buildroot] GTK+ for framebuffer?

Woody Wu narkewoody at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 02:40:19 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 01:31:45PM +0200, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Dear Woody Wu,
>
> On Tue, 3 Sep 2013 18:09:06 +0800, Woody Wu wrote:
>
> > It seems buildroot already has GTK.  Does it can build GTK+ for running
> > on framebuffer (a.k.a, gtkfb)?
>
> There used to be a DirectFB backend in Gtk, but it was always broken,
> because nobody was maintaining it (in Gtk upstream). It was causing too
> many problems in Buildroot to keep the support for such a broken
> feature, so we removed it. People interested in running Gtk on DirectFB
> should work with upstream to fix the issues and get the corresponding
> patches merged.
>
> These days, if you want to run Gtk, you should run X.org (which can run
> on top of the framebuffer), or maybe you can explore Wayland (but I
> guess it'll require Gtk 3.x, while we only have Gtk 2.x in Buildroot
> for the moment).
>
> Best regards,
>
> Thomas

Hi, Thomas

Even I cannot find libgtk (neither 2.x or 3.x) in buildroot.  I enabled
a lot of options which looks like related to gtk, then I got libraries
like glib, pango, atk, etc., but just no gtk.  Where is the option to
enable it? I think I looked through all the options :(

BTW: in your opinion, GtkFB and gtk on TinyX, which one is faster?

--
I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then