[Buildroot] Samba 4.1 in buildroot

Sven Neumann neumann at teufel.de
Tue Oct 29 09:24:50 UTC 2013

Hi,

the recently released version 4.1 of the Samba suite finally supports
the SMB2 und SMB3 protocols on the server and client side. This is a
feature that we are in desperate need of and thus I would like to get
Samba 4 into buildroot.

So my questions are:

(1) Is anyone already working on this?

(2) Would you prefer if the samba package was just ported to the latest
    stable samba 4 version or would you prefer if a new package called
    samba4 was added? In case that you prefer the latter, should the
    existing samba package be renamed to samba3?

Regards,
Sven

--
Sven Neumann
Senior System Architect

Lautsprecher Teufel GmbH
Gewerbehof Bülowbogen - Aufgang D1
Bülowstr. 66 - 10783 Berlin - Germany

Registernummer HRB 20271 beim Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg
Geschäftsführer: Edgar van Velzen

Tel. +49 (0)30 - 300 930 - 0, Direkt -153
neumann at teufel.de

www.teufel.de  www.teufelaudio.com  http://blog.teufel.de