[Buildroot] Tool to check packages updates

arnaud aujon arnaud.aujon at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 15:43:15 UTC 2013

Both Thomas,

2013/10/23 Thomas De Schampheleire <patrickdepinguin at gmail.com>

> The autobuild server seems to have a different package count:
> http://autobuild.buildroot.org/stats/
>
> Packages using the generic infrastructure 306
> Packages using the cmake infrastructure 19
> Packages using the autotools infrastructure 807
> Packages not using any infrastructure 0
>
> Since your script only sees 837 packages, I think you may be missing
> some, unless the difference is only due to the duplicate counting of
> host and target packages...

You're right, my count isn't accurate, I intentionally skip some packages
that are not well handled by the script. The other difference is as you
said, I only count target packages.

Please post your script when you
> think it's ok, but don't wait to much: the earlier the better, so that
> you can get early feedback, and maybe help/testing from others.

I will do it as soon as possible, but I want to make it easy to read first.
As I'm far to be a python expert, it will take me some time to get used to
the right way to code in python.