[Buildroot] SOCKIT, U-Boot problem

66xispametal66 . chispa.metal at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 10:07:36 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I just registered in order to post this new thread, because I have been
looking for some information that could help me with this issue, but I'm
not able to find anything useful.

I have an Arrow SoCKit board. I used the Yocto Source Package to build the
Linux distribution and run it on the board. But I also I'm trying to use
image files generated by Buildroot. The files used by the Altera tools to
create the SD card image and write it to the SD card are:
- Preloader binary
- U-boot binary
- Root filesystem
- Device tree binary
- Linux kernel image

I changed the U-boot image generated by the YSP (Yocto Source Package) for
the one generated by Buildroot. When I connect to the board by Putty,
system is not able to boot. Here I type what the console displays every few
seconds:

U-Boot SPL 2012.10 (Oct 04 2013 - 12:34:49)
SDRAM : Initializing MMR registers
SDRAM : Calibrationg PHY
SEQ.C : Preparing to start memory calibration
SEQ.C : CALIBRATION PASSED
DESIGNWARE SD/MMC: 0

I thought the cause was that I used a different U-boot version, but I used
then the same version that the YSP U-boot, and it keeps not working.

I've been looking for some related information but as I said, I've found
absolutely nothing... I would appreciate some help here.

Thank you!