[Buildroot] qt5webkit and bison 3.0

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Oct 17 08:47:14 UTC 2013

Dear Matthias Hardt,

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 10:26:33 +0200, Matthias Hardt wrote:

> the current buildroot-repository uses bison 3.0. When building
> qt5webkit, there is a known incompatibility to this bison version [1].
> For now I fixed this by using bison 2.7.1 when qt5webkit is chosen.
> Maybe this should be done in the repository as well (at least while
> waiting for the qt5webkit 5.1.2 release which will fix this issue).
>
> And some other minor inconvenience. qt5webkit needs dependencies to
> host-flex and host-bison.
>
> I can provide a patch for both issues, if needed.

Thanks for the report! We actually have a patch in our queue
(http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/276231/) that bumps the qt5 version
to qt 5.1.1. Maybe the fix for the issue you're mentioning is already
included in qt 5.1.1 ? Hopefully, Peter will apply this bump soon.

As per the missing host-flex and host-bison dependencies, indeed,
a patch is welcome.

I am however a bit surprised that our autobuilders don't seem to have
hit the problem.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons