[Buildroot] About user support and the mailing list

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Oct 15 08:25:05 UTC 2013

Dear Peter Korsgaard,

On Mon, 14 Oct 2013 21:59:12 +0200, Peter Korsgaard wrote:

>  Thomas> Signed-off-by: Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com>
>  Thomas> Reported-by: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19311747/buildroot-cant-use-local-site-method-for-custom-host-packages
>
> Heh, odd place to report such issues. Committed, thanks.

Yes and no. Our mailing list is now having a *huge* traffic, mainly
developer-oriented (patches and related discussions). For the user just
starting up with Buildroot, not very familiar of open-source
communities, not feeling necessarily at ease with subscribing to a
50-100 e-mails/day mailing list, searching other forms of support seems
natural to me.

Maybe it's a sign that we should have a more "user-oriented" support
channel. A dedicated mailing list? An publicized usage of Stack
Overflow or some other similar stuff? Not sure exactly about this, but
might be worth a chat at the next Buildroot meeting, I believe.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons