[Buildroot] Bumping packages: some comments/suggestions

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Oct 14 13:56:04 UTC 2013

Arnaud,

On Mon, 14 Oct 2013 14:58:19 +0200, arnaud aujon wrote:

> I'm interested in developing an automatic way to know if a package needs to
> be bumped.
> I'm a new contributor to buildroot (just sent a patch to add a new
> package,  well 3 patches because I had trouble with git send-email...), if
> no one else have time to do it, I'll be happy to help Buildroot this way.

Until now, nobody has volunteered to work on this, so if you're
interested, feel free to start prototyping things. I believe a helper
script (in Python?), called from the Buildroot makefiles, is probably
the best way: doing all this logic purely in make might be too
complicated.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons