[Buildroot] How to find a package

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 06:44:08 UTC 2013

Hi, Tal,

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 6:15 AM, Baruch Siach <baruch at tkos.co.il> wrote:
> Hi Tal,
>
> On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 09:07:38PM -0700, Tal Lubko wrote:
>> I'm new to buildroot and I would like to know what's the easiest way to
>> search for a package in buildroot menus?
>
> I usually do just 'ls package/'. If this doesn't give the desired result (some
> packages are nested in subdirectories) I use 'git grep'.

Here are some other ways to find a package:
- the manual contains a list of all packages:
http://buildroot.uclibc.org/downloads/manual/manual.html#package-list
- in the menuconfig, you can search by typing a slash (/) followed by
your query. It will show you for each match the location in the menu
structure, and any dependencies it may have.