[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2013-10-10

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 14:51:29 UTC 2013

Hi Thomas, Lionel,

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 4:31 PM, Thomas Petazzoni
> Dear Thomas De Schampheleire,
>
> On Fri, 11 Oct 2013 16:30:33 +0200, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:
>
>> Thanks for this suggestion.
>> Based on this, I was able to fix the build error using:
>>
>> RUBY_CONF_ENV = CFLAGS="$(TARGET_CFLAGS) -O2"
>>
>> Now my question: would you like to send a patch for this, or would you
>> like me to do it?
>
> Should this be done only for the SuperH architecture? Only for the
> affected external toolchains?

Not sure what the best approach is. Checking just for the architecture
is the simplest.

Checking on the toolchain is complex:
- for the Sourcery toolchains: the problem shows with the most recent
SuperH toolchain we support at the moment, so I don't think it's worth
trying to avoid -O2 on older toolchains than that.

- for other external, or internal toolchains, we can't predict whether
the problem would show (I don't know which combinations of gcc, libc,
... are the killer)

What do you think?