[Buildroot] Buildroot patchwork: decision on the 10 oldest patches, week 1

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 08:11:05 UTC 2013

All,

On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 4:42 PM, Thomas Petazzoni
> Hello,
>
> The oldest patches in patchwork don't get a lot of attention (or even
> any attention at all). I had a discussion this week with Thomas De
> Schampheleire, and we would like to progressively clean up the backlog
> of patches we have in patchwork, especially the oldest one.
>
> So, every week, I'll be posting the list of the 10 oldest patches, with
> the original patch contributors in Cc. During one week, we have the
> opportunity to discuss the patch, whether it is still necessary or not,
> how it should be changed to be merged.
>
> In particular, I'm interested in knowing if the original contributor is
> still interested by the patch, or if someone else is interested in
> adopting the patch and sending an updated version, or if the patch no
> longer makes sense due to other changes made in Buildroot.
>
> All patches that have not received any comment or attention within the
> week will be removed from patchwork. This is aggressive, but we have
> patches sitting in patchwork since one year and half, and this cannot
> work.

Five days have past already, let's do an intermediate review:

> So, for this first week, the patches are:
>
>  1 New: add lava-test package
>    http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/155498/
>    ludovic.desroches at atmel.com

Ludovic has rebased this patch and is currently testing this.

>  2 [v3] busybox: install S41inetd and inetd.conf if inetd is enabled in busybox.
>    http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/164551/
>    keguang.zhang at gmail.com

This patch was already at its third iteration, and has received
comments from Peter and Arnout. At first sight, this could be
respinned with little effort based on the input of Arnout. I'm
reincluding Kelvin Cheung on this mail.
Kelvin, are you interested in resending this based on the input you