[Buildroot] Booting problem for Beaglebone

AUBERT alain alain.aubert at univ-st-etienne.fr
Wed Oct 9 09:17:22 UTC 2013

Hello,

We use Beaglebone board and the lastest version of buildroot 2013.08.1.

We launch/make toolchain/ and/make/ without change options in
menuconfig, linux-menuconfig, ...
We program the SD card .
When the beaglebone board powers up,  the default configuration of Uboot
takes the kernel at /boot/uImage but the default filesystem generated by
buildroot  doesn't include the /boot directory.
So, we change in menuconfig,  the option "Install kernel image to /boot
in target"

Then, the kernel is well loaded but the kernel tries to mount the root
filesystem, it doesn't find
/dev/mmcblk0p2. The message is:
"Waiting for root device /dev/mmcblk0p2 ..."

It seems that the only block peripherals detected were ram and loop but
not mmcblk

Can you help us ?
Thank you

Alain AUBERT