[Buildroot] Some legal-info observations/problems

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu Oct 3 21:38:56 UTC 2013

>>>>> "Thomas" == Thomas De Schampheleire <patrickdepinguin at gmail.com> writes:

Hi,

 Thomas> While I don't need the URL for my process, I currently also
 Thomas> don't need the name of the tarball in manifest.csv (and I leave
 Thomas> out this last column anyway). So, I'm not opposed to adding
 Thomas> this extra column, but there may be some caveats: with the
 Thomas> OVERRIDE_SRCDIR mechanism it is possible for a project to
 Thomas> completely change the sources of an existing package in
 Thomas> buildroot. Strictly speaking this could mean that there is no
 Thomas> relation whatsoever between the URL specified in the .mk file
 Thomas> and the actual sources used. This is probably very exotic,
 Thomas> though, and maybe it doesn't really matter for your process.

Same could be said about the other fields (license, license files). In
general, you can only expect the legal-info stuff to be (hopefully)
valid if you don't override.

But yeah, I would be OK with adding the upstream URL (as in <pkg>_SITE).

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard