[Buildroot] Kernel and Uboot

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Tue Nov 26 21:45:00 UTC 2013

On 25/11/13 19:13, Naitik Amin wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am looking to submit my extracted kernel and uboot into my source
> control. Is there a config option in BR that I can use to point to a
> folder that contains the kernel and uboot ? I am constantly changing
> kernel and everytime, I do that I have to unzip, make changes and zip.
> Also its hard to track the changes.

  Take a look at LINUX_OVERRIDE_SRCDIR. It's not currently documented in
the buildroot manual, but you can read the help text of the "location of
a package override file" in the "Build options" menu.

A package override file is a short makefile that contains variable
definitions of the form <pkg>_OVERRIDE_SRCDIR, which allows to tell
Buildroot to use an existing directory as the source directory for a
particular package. See the Buildroot documentation for more details on
this feature.

  Regards,
  Arnout