[Buildroot] New version of PowerVR TI drivers

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Nov 22 09:06:56 UTC 2013

Hello,

A new version of the PowerVR TI drivers has been released:
http://tigraphics.blogspot.fr/2013/11/4q-2013-linux-graphics-sdk-release.html.

"""
New/Changes in this release
NEW  - AM43x support
NEW - 3.12 kernel support. Please see release notes for the details on the kernel used for validation.
NEW - Integration with reset driver framework on both AM335x & AM43x.
NEW - PM_RUNTIME support enabled by default. (No need to pass this explicitly in build command line)
NEW – This is an alpha release package. Validated on AM335x PG2.0 GP-EVM & AM43x EVMs.
"""

It would be good if someone having access to
BeagleBoard/BeagleBoardXM/PandaBoard could have a look into this. It's
still unclear to me whether the BeagleBoneBlack will work with this or
not (I see the drivers have support for AM335x, but is that sufficient
I don't know).

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons