[Buildroot] autobuild annotations

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Nov 20 11:11:48 UTC 2013

Dear Jeremy Rosen,

On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 12:03:30 +0100 (CET), Jeremy Rosen wrote:

> > However, what autobuild.buildroot.org is doing are *random*
> > configurations. I.e you cannot compare one build to another. This
> > really doesn't fit well in the model of Jenkins in my opinion, and
> > is the reason why a small specific tool was written.
>
> couldn't failed build configurations be forwarded to jenkins for
> monitoring ?
>
> Jenkins could drop those compilations once they work again, that
> would provide some form of followup...

Is this really needed? I mean, the autobuilders are already showing us
when a problem occurs, and then we fairly quickly see when it no longer
occurs.

Of course, if someone wants to set up a Jenkins that does this, I have
no problem changing the autobuild.buildroot.org thing to forward broken
configurations to some Jenkins instance. But I personally don't think
it's really worth the effort.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons