[Buildroot] buildroot: gcc options

Gustavo Zacarias gustavo at zacarias.com.ar
Tue Nov 19 12:30:54 UTC 2013

On 11/19/2013 09:17 AM, Altunbas Sabri (DC-IA/EAH2) wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> my problem is still not solved.
>
> I picked "Buildroot toolchain" and "eglibc" as C-library and get the following error
> ..
> configure: error: unrecognized option: `-mfmovd'
> ..
> With "uclibs" the same behave.
>
> My config is attented
>
> Can you give some hints ?

Hi.
Actually BR2_EXTRA_GCC_CONFIG_OPTIONS isn't for that.
You need to set BR2_TARGET_OPTIMIZATIONS for all the packages to be
built with those CFLAGS, and you need to add them to
GLIBC_EXTRA_CFLAGS/UCLIBC_EXTRA_CFLAGS (depending on which libc you want
to use) - problem is that isn't supported in an easy way at the moment.
The quick way to test it would be to call make with those arguments in
every invocation (actually until your libc is built, for packages
BR2_TARGET_OPTIMIZATIONS does the trick), something like:

make GLIBC_EXTRA_CFLAGS="-madlign -mfmovd"

Regards.