[Buildroot] buildroot: gcc options

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 10:38:59 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 11:25 AM, Altunbas Sabri (DC-IA/EAH2)
<sabri.altunbas at boschrexroth.de> wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Thanks, this is a helpfull hint.
>
> Have I the solution If I take buildroot-toolchain ?

You could build the toolchain entirely with buildroot yes, and make
sure that you pass the new options when compiling the toolchain. As
far as I can see, BR2_TARGET_OPTIMIZATIONS is not respected when
building the toolchain itself. I think you need
BR2_EXTRA_GCC_CONFIG_OPTIONS for that.

An alternative is to use crosstool-ng to build the toolchain, but of
course you'll have to make sure that the options are passed there as
well.