[Buildroot] menuconfig / legacy bug

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at free.fr
Wed Nov 13 08:43:34 UTC 2013

Thomas, All,

On Wednesday 13 November 2013 09:40:53 Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 10:43 PM, Thomas Petazzoni
> <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Samuel noticed this today: it seems like we have a bug in menuconfig
> > that is annoying for the legacy thing.
> >
> > Scenario to reproduce the bug:
> >
> >  * Checkout commit 38dbd33b91adb4543e922e644b09430fa3836068 (which is
> >    right before the removal of the BR2_PACKAGE_QT_JAVASCRIPTCORE)
> >    option.
> >
> >  * Create a configuration that has BR2_PACKAGE_QT_JAVASCRIPTCORE set.
> >
> >  * Checkout the latest master (or any other commit that has the
> >    BR2_PACKAGE_QT_JAVASCRIPTCORE removal commit)
> >
> >  * Run make menuconfig, it shows that Legacy is detected, which is OK.
> >
> >  * Now, go in the Legacy menu, and try to disable the Qt Javascript
> >    Core option. It doesn't disable it and instead menuconfig "jumps" at
> >    the beginning of the long comment that explains the legacy thing.
> >
> > The following patch workarounds the problem by removing the problematic
> > lines of the comment. Basically, all lines that contains only "signs"
> > and not actual text seem to confuse menuconfig for some reason.
> >
> > Ideas?
>
> I cannot reproduce this problem on my end. I followed the exact steps
> as you described.
> This is on Linux Mint 15, not sure which packages would be relevant
> here. Ncurses is:
> lib32ncurses5-dev: 5.9-10ubuntu4

You have to use 'space' to deselect the option. Using 'n' works as expected.

I have a (quick) fix I need to further test tonight, since it may have some
weird side-effects...

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |   ^                |
| http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/ | (*_*) | / \ HTML MAIL    |  """  conspiracy.  |