[Buildroot] Patchwork oldest patches cleanup #2 (deadline November 17)

Ryan Barnett rjbarnet at rockwellcollins.com
Mon Nov 11 13:50:26 UTC 2013

Thomas, All,

Thomas De Schampheleire <patrickdepinguin at gmail.com> wrote on 11/10/2013
10:18:55 AM:

[...]

> > [1/4] If linux-pam is built, enable dbm functionality in Berkeley DB
> > Dimitry Golubovsky <golubovsky at gmail.com>
> > http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/182497
> >
> > [2/4] Make Berkeley DB a dependency of linux-pam and make sure it is
selected
> > Dimitry Golubovsky <golubovsky at gmail.com>
> > http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/182498
> >
> > [3/4] Provide PAM default configuration files when building linux-pam
package
> > Dimitry Golubovsky <golubovsky at gmail.com>
> > http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/182499
> >
> > [4/4] PAM support in Busybox if linux-pam is built
> > Dimitry Golubovsky <golubovsky at gmail.com>
> > http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/182500
> >
> > Fixing linux-pam build failures
> > Stefan Fröberg <stefan.froberg at petroprogram.com>
> > http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/182537
> >

> All the above patches are related to PAM. If anyone is interested in
> better linux-pam support in buildroot, I'd suggest to have a look at
> the above patches. I don't personally need it, and I also don't know
> how common PAM usage is in embedded systems.

linux-pam will be used more once SELinux (at least that is where we use
it) related packages are merged in. However, I don't know how applicable
these patches since I know the version has been bumped since these patches
were submitted. I don't have time to investigate whether these patches
still apply, so if you haven't heard anything back on them, I would say we
just mark them deprecated.

Thanks,
-Ryan