[Buildroot] Analysis of build failures

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Nov 11 09:58:30 UTC 2013

Dear Chris Zankel,

On Sun, 10 Nov 2013 21:33:16 -0800, Chris Zankel wrote:

> (I'm a bit surprised to get all those errors as binutils currently
> doesn't build. Are you using an older toolchain, or are these packages
> not dependent on the final binutils build?)

The binutils issues you're seeing are while building native binutils
for the target, not when building cross-binutils for the cross
compilation toolchain. Building the cross-binutils works ok, because
they are built against the build machine C library, which is glibc and
therefore has obstack stuff.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons