[Buildroot] Buildroot + CoudeSourcery 2012.09

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu May 2 09:53:58 UTC 2013

Dear Sören Brinkmann,

On Wed, 1 May 2013 15:03:16 -0700, Sören Brinkmann wrote:

> I recently encountered some weird behavior, and couldn't really find
> anything about it.
>
> When I compile a rootfilesystem with CS2012.09 it looks like globbing
> is broken, resulting in init scripts are not executed.
>
> Using CS2012.03 and older works fine.

I guess you're talking about ARM ? We don't have support for CS
ARM 2012.09 in Buildroot because it's known to miscompile the Linux
kernel.

So it seems like this toolchain has problems. I think the kernel
problem has been reported to Mentor Graphics, but nothing happened.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons