[Buildroot] segfault of test on buildroot system

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Mar 15 10:03:03 UTC 2013

Dear Alexander Varnin,

On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 20:50:05 +0400, Alexander Varnin wrote:

> I'm using buildroot based system with ARM samsung processor (s3c2443).
> I've found a case, when i get segfault in my application. Using x86
> debian compilers doesn't reproduce error.
> Attaching test program to this letter. There is an exception getting
> throw from constructor of child-class (DisplayPassDevice). At that time
> parent destructor (~PassageDevice) getting called. When exiting from
> parent destructor i got segfault.
> # ./throw
> ~PassageDevice
> Aborted (core dumped)
>
> One more necessary condition. The bug appears only when i compile my
> code with pthread:
> ../minipos-OS-build/host/usr/bin/arm-linux-g++ throw.cpp -o throw -lpthread
>
> When i compile without -lpthread flag, program works OK.
> # ./throw
> ~PassageDevice
> catched
>
> I don't know what does this problem belongs to, so i write there for
> help. Probably you'll just point me, where to report it.
> Software i use is following: gcc 4.5.4, uClibc 0.9.33.2, linux 3.6.
> Just in case, i'll attach buildroot config

I personally don't have much clue for the moment, so the only
suggestion I can do is to rebuild your system with BR2_ENABLE_DEBUG,
and then use gdbserver + cross-gdb to figure out where the segmentation
fault happens (or getting a core file generated and use cross-gdb to
inspect it).

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons