[Buildroot] 2013.02: sysvinit-2.88 build failure undefined reference to -lcrypt

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Wed Mar 13 00:04:16 UTC 2013

On 03/12/13 10:37, Roland Uuesoo wrote:

> Sysvinit doesn't build on the following system:
>
> Buildroot: 2013.02
> OS: Ubuntu 12.10 x64
>
> The problem looks very similar to this....
> http://buildroot-busybox.2317881.n4.nabble.com/Bug-2401-New-sysvinit-2-86-fails-to-build-on-MIPS-because-is-missing-lcrypt-td6901.html
>

> Compile output is basically the same as the link above:
> sulogin.c:(.text+0xf94): undefined reference to `crypt'
>
> As I understand the problem is this...
>
> sysvinit's makefile can't find libcrypt.a and doesn't add -lcrypt to
> sulogin.c linker options.
>
> On 64bit ubuntu the libcrypt.a is located at
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypt.a

  Wow, it looks like this one has been lingering around ever since
7e2bf630 in December 2010...

  It looks like the LCRYPT variable is no longer working. I'll cook up a
patch, but can't really test it since the included makefile works for me.

  If my patch works, please reply to it with

Tested-by: Roland Uuesoo <rolandu at gmail.com>

  Regards,
  Arnout