[Buildroot] [pull request v2] Pull request for branch yem-ext234

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at free.fr
Mon Mar 11 00:05:14 UTC 2013

Thomas, All,

On Sunday 10 March 2013 Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> On Thu,  7 Mar 2013 23:04:37 +0100, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
>
> > This patch series enhances the ext2 fs backend to also build ext3 and ext4
> > filesystems, and differentiate between ext2 rev0 and ext2 rev1 filesystems.
> >
> > This patch series is based on the previously-sent 'yem-host-image-tools'
> > pull-request, and requires changes in that series.
>
> I just tested this with the following defconfig:
>
> BR2_arm=y
> BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL=y
> BR2_TARGET_ROOTFS_EXT2=y
> BR2_TARGET_ROOTFS_EXT2_4=y
> # BR2_TARGET_ROOTFS_TAR is not set
>
> and building the ext4 image fails:
>
> tune2fs 1.42.7 (21-Jan-2013)
>
> Please run e2fsck on the filesystem.

That part is expected: tune2fs will explicitly state the above when
some features of ext2/3/4 are activated.

WE handle that in the script by explictly calling to e2fsck afterward.

> Creating journal inode:
> Journal size too big for filesystem.
> make: *** [/home/thomas/projets/buildroot/output/images/rootfs.ext4] Erreur 1

Ah, this is... sad. It seems the heuristic to compute the number of extra
sectors to add is not good enough.

I'll see what I can do with that.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.