[Buildroot] adding dhcpcd

John Stile john at stilen.com
Wed Mar 6 20:41:20 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-03-06 at 21:08 +0100, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Dear Reuben Dowle,
>
> On Wed, 6 Mar 2013 20:05:49 +0000, Reuben Dowle wrote:
>
> > In your patch, you should probably replace the place-holder "...some environment variables..." with setting some actual environment variables.
>
> Yes, indeed, but John was saying that the build of his package doesn't
> even start, which I understood as "I run make", but nothing happens.
>
> Oh, John, remember to do a 'make dhcpcd-dirclean' every time you want
> to retry the build of your package. Once a package has been built in
> output/build/<somepkg>-<someversion>/, Buildroot doesn't rebuild it.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Thomas
Yes, the place holder is bad, so I took it out.
I ran: make dhcpcd-dirclean

My buildroot-2011.11/.config  holds
BR2_PACKAGE_DHCPCD=y
BR2_INET_IPV6=y
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_BUILDROOT_INET_IPV6=y

I cleaned up using:
rm -rf \
./dl/dhcpcd-3.2.3.tar.bz2 \
./output/build/dhcpcd-3.2.3 \
./output/build/buildroot-config/br2/package/dhcpcd.h \
./output/target/etc/init.d/dhcpcd.sh \
./output/target/usr/bin/dhcpcd

But make still does not do anything for dhcpcd.