[Buildroot] What to do about systemd/udev/eudev?

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Mar 5 18:51:12 UTC 2013

Dear Stefan Fröberg,

On Tue, 05 Mar 2013 20:08:20 +0200, Stefan Fröberg wrote:

> Would it make sense to rip libudev out from latest systemd and make it
> as a separate package ?
> Just for satisfying dependency need for those packages ?

libudev on its own doesn't make any sense, it needs to communicate with
udev somehow, I believe.

And anyway, in Buildroot, we don't want to derive from upstream, so we
clearly don't want to rip some part of an upstream package and make it
a new upstream package.

If someone is not happy with upstream, then start a new upstream
project, or fix the upstream project directly. It doesn't make sense to
fix upstream at Buildroot's level.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons