[Buildroot] What to do about systemd/udev/eudev?

Stefan Fröberg stefan.froberg at petroprogram.com
Tue Mar 5 18:37:21 UTC 2013

[snip]

> Why is it that as soon as systemd starts being discussed, people have
> the feeling that the entire world is blowing up?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Thomas

Eh, maybe it's because some of us have invested time to make "perfect"
custom init for their systems and now
systemd developers are saying: "no, you can't use our latest udev with
your perfectly working init system anymore.
so use systemd or screw you"

Of course people will get upset when forced to change their working
systems at the upstreams whims.

But anyway, personally Im more than happy with mdev and happy that
buildroot continues to offers so many *choices*, unlike others....

Regards
Stefan