[Buildroot] UCLIBC_EXTRA_CFLAGS in uClibc overridden while using buildroot

Rajendra Dendukuri rajendra at broadcom.com
Thu Jun 6 19:33:30 UTC 2013

I am using buildroot-2012.11 version to build a uClibc toolchain for ARMv7a. I find that uClibc/Rules.mak file defaults to -Os. However I wish to include "-fno-omit-frame-pointer" even when -Os optimization is used. I cannot find a hook in buildroot or uClibc where this can be done. I tried setting the value of UCLIBC_EXTRA_CFGLAGS in the uClibc config file. However that is not being considered. Instead the values passed by buildroot in  "toolchain/uClibc/uclibc.mk" are being used.

This seems to be a very stiff limitation while using uClibc with buildroot. Any suggestions on how we can overcome this.

/rajen