[Buildroot] problem with external toolchain with hard float

Will Wagner will_wagner at carallon.com
Tue Jun 4 08:47:38 UTC 2013

Hello All,

I'm trying to update a project to 2013.05. I have an external toolchain
(build with ct-ng 1.18) for arm that is hard float.

The problem I have is that the elf files being built for the target do
not run. This is because in each elf file the program interpreter is set
as /lib/ld-linux.so.3 but if I look in the target filesystem that is
generated it has /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3

So it seems like my toolchain is somehow building elf files that won't
run with the toolchain which has me pretty confused. Do I just need  a
suitable sym link in my target fs or is this something wrong with how
things are being built. Could it be that the toolchain wrapper is
somehow forcing soft float?

Thanks
Will

Will Wagner                                     will_wagner at carallon.com
Development Manager                      Office Tel: +44 (0)20 7471 9224
Carallon Ltd, Studio G20, Shepherds Building, Rockley Rd, London W14 0DA