[Buildroot] target mkfs.ubifs support

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Sun Jul 28 01:05:55 UTC 2013

I was looking at trying out buildroot for an embedded project I'm
working on. It doesn't look like buildroot currently supports building
mkfs.ubifs for the target? I see that it can build it for the host to be
used to create a ubi rootfs image, but I need to build it for the target
and have it actually be in the rootfs.

There's an option in package/mtd/Config.in for mkfs.jffs2, is there any
reason other than nobody's needed it yet there isn't an analogous option
for mkfs.ubifs? If not, would a patch adding the ability to compile
mkfs.ubifs for the target and have it included in the rootfs image be
welcome?

Thanks...